Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spring Cleaning, Stitching, Sciatica, Co-op and a new design idea







Dear Reader,

Looong day! It's barely nine pm and I'm ready to head to bed. Was up early for Co-op and got the job I'd requested, the Re-pack station where I could sit down to work. Unloading cartons off the truck would have done me in for the rest of the day. Maybe next month I'll be up for it. Sciatica is a real pain ;)

My friend and fellow Co-op member, Jean the quilter, drove. We always go out to breakfast after Co-op, then hit the library, and sometimes the quilt shop. It's our thing and I really enjoy it, but I started to fade in the library ... just wanted to sit down in one of the comfy chairs and read ... or sleep. We skipped the quilt shop and after I got home I did fall asleep on the couch. It's amazing that one crabby little nerve can turn my whole life upside down.

I have accomplished something, if not the vacuuming. I re-organizing my Pattern Maker files. Not all my designs are on PM, but many are. I got everything sorted over the past few days, and then started checking each design for errors and needed updates. There are currently over seventy-five designs, so that part of the process will be ongoing, but the major sub-dividing changes I wanted are done. It made me feel like I was almost back to normal, and less guilty for housecleaning at a snail's pace over the past few months. When I'm feeling out of sorts, tidying something, just about anything, makes me feel productive again. Reshuffling all those pattern files was a major job I've been putting off because it required sitting for long stretches. But, since that's currently my most comfortable position, it worked out perfectly!

I woke up the other morning with the image of a few bands of stitching and a design name in my head. I might have dreamt it, but I wrote it down and graphed it out as soon as I could. Such ideas evaporate if you don't capture them quickly. The whole design process flowed easily and I finished it this evening. Tomorrow I'll cut the linen, pull the floss and get started on it. It was an unexpected gift and I want to unwrap it!  Come and see it on my other blog:  http://embroiderbee.wordpress.com  Search for it under the title, Oak Nut Madness.  You may download the chart from the shared files widget on the right-hand side of the blog.

"Let the beauty we love be what we do." ~ Rumi

Goodnight!

Remy

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're feeling better, Remy :) Your routine w/your friend does sound divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda Lou!
    Thanks! Don't you just love girls-only days!
    Remy

    ReplyDelete